ADVOCACY AND RESEARCH SPECIALIST
The Advocacy and Research Specialist provides research and advocacy support to The Arangkada Philippines Project (TAPP) by assisting the TAPP Chief of Party primarily with conducting research, preparing and distributing position papers, coordinating meetings and liaising with TAPP advocacy partners such as members of the Joint Foreign Chambers and the Philippine Business Groups and the National Competitiveness Council. Work also includes extensive meeting with wide range of Executive and Congressional offices, and donor agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the TAPP Chief of Party and Legislative Specialist in preparing advocacy papers.
- Organize and coordinate meetings of TAPP and its advocacy partners with senior government officials.
- Organize the Arangkada Philippines Forum set on an agreed date by the JFC and assist in preparing Arangkada documents due for release at the forum.
- Update figures and tables in the sections of Arangkada for which he/she is responsible, such as competitiveness charts and infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with industry experts in writing policy briefs or notes and organize roundtable discussions, focus group discussion and press conferences.
- Coordinate with Website Director, Research Assistants, AmCham committee coordinators and interns.
- Other relevant tasks given by the COP.
- Completed studies in economics, business economics, political economy or related fields.
- Work experience in public policy and advocacy is desired but not preferred.
- Skilled in data gathering, research and statistical analysis.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and energetic learner
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must posess an open communications style.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Masters or law degree preferred.
- Salary: commensurate with qualifications
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please apply on or before March 31, 2017 to be considered.
The Arangkada Philippines Project is an equal opportunity employer.